The St George Classic will be on next Saturday 22 May.
This will be held in association with the NSW Novice XC Championships.
The event will also commemorate St George Athletics Club’s 100th Anniversary and we encourage all members to come and attend as we will not be holding a club XC event next week.
Entries are open for all members (registered with ANSW or club only).
To Register follow this link;
NOTE: Entries close on Wednesday 19 May at 10am.
Timetable (as at 16 May):
12:30pm – A.A. Gainsford 5km Fun Run
1:10pm – Ron Gribble U12 2km Dash
1:30pm – Albie Thomas 10km Classic
2:30pm – Edith Robinson 3km Fun Run
3:00pm – St George Centenary 4x1km Handicap Relay ($40 – Entry process coming soon)
The Men’s and Women’s Novice are over 10km and will be run at 1:30pm. To be eligible to compete in the NSW Novice Championships athletes MUST NOT have placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a NSW State Cross Country, Road or Track event 3000m to 42.195m in the Open Age Group. Any Athlete who has achieved a National or International medal will also be deemed ineligible for the Novice Championships.
There will also be a 10km separate to the Novice Championship race.
A 4x1km handicap relay will also be held at 3pm, to celebrate St George’s Centenary which we encourage everyone to be involved in;
Rules are as follows;
• Your team must comprise of FOUR people (any combination of age and gender). It is preferred that there is a mix of male/females and runners are from the same club.
• You need to create a team name (all team members need to wear the same uniform)
• Entry is to be done on the day only and will cost $40 ($10 per person)
• When entering, you will nominate your estimated 1km time for each team member, which will determine your handicap (if you beat your combined time by more than 15.00 seconds, your team will be ineligible to win a prize)
• No watches or outside assistance will be allowed (DQ if breached)
• $1000 for winning team (shoe vouchers for 2nd placed team)
The course is flat over grass.
For more details from ANSW about the event please use this link;
In addition, ANSW have updated their Winter Handbook which can be accessed here;
St George District Athletics Club
View this post on Facebook.